|Print this page|
- The original abstracts have been accepted and will be considered for short presentation (5mn) or poster display.
Irene HINTERSEHER, UNITED STATES
The Role of Complement Cascade in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
Prize: Camillo Di Croce, 500 euros
Best short communication on genetic aspects of aneurysms
Audrey COURTOIS, BELGIUM
Uptake of 18-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) as detected by Positron
Emission Tomography (PET) is correlated to an increased expression of proteolytic enzymes
in the wall of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
Prize: Raymond Limet, 750 euros
Best communications on physiopathology of abdominal aortic aneurysms
Constanze BENING, GERMANY
Minimal invasive access in surgery for aneurysms of the ascending aorta
Prize: ING, 500 euros
Best short communication on treatment of valvular and aortic diseases
Ceyda ACILAN, TURKEY
Apoptotic tendency and genomic abnormalities of smooth muscle cells in thoracic aortic aneurysms
Prize: Camillo Di Croce, 750 euros
Best poster on genetic aspects of aneurysms
Abstract and poster preparation :
APF will award the four best posters and/or short communications as such:
- Raymond Limet Prizes (750€ and 500€) will be attributed to the two best posters/short communications on natural history and/or physiopathology of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Camillo Di Croce Prizes (750€ and 500€) will be attributed to the two best posters/short communications on familial and/or genetic aspects of aneurysms.
- Three ING Prizes of 500€ each will be attributed to the three best posters/short communications on treatment of valvular and aortic diseases.
- Abstract should be written in English, and not exceed 2500 signs / characters, spaces included (or 300 words). Figures or tables (max two) should be submitted as separate files. Figures must be of a 300 DPI resolution and registered in a EPS or TIFF format.
- The content of each poster should be clearly divided into sections including introduction, experimental aim (or problem definition), work summary, results and conclusions. Diagrams, graphs, data, pictures and a small text.
- Suggested sizes are a minimum graph size of 10" (25 cm), section heading letters of 3/4" (2 cm) and text and figure lettering not less than 3/8" (1 cm).
- A heading label including the title, the author name and the address of the primary author should be included.
- All figures and tables should be titled.
- The entire size of the poster material(s) is limited to 48" X 48".
Aneurysmal Pathology Foundation (APF)
APF is a charitative Foundation who aims to promote, help, support, encourage in a selfless way all national and international initiatives related to the medical research and the prevention of aneurysms.
For that purpose, the foundation may exercise the following activities (as examples) :
- To participate in and/or organize – be it for valuable consideration or for free – lectures, medical traineeships, seminars, workshops, publications, national and international research programmes;
- To inform the general public about aneurysms in general (cause, consequences, early warning signs, treatments, …)
- To donate in favor of organizations or natural persons defending and promoting this research and information to the general public;
- To make some premises available for the organization of events;
- To provide students and researchers with scholarship;
- To create a chair, a prize or a charitable association.
The foundation achieves its disinterested goal in absolute discretion.